I apologize for not posting yesterday. I have had one of those weeks where it seems like things just aren't going my way.
- My sweet girl spent the first few days of the week with a really high fever and some rather cranky behavior as a result.
- My favorite tennis player lost in the Australian Open. And he was injured :( It makes watching the rest of the tournament much less exciting.
- My mom and sister had to cancel their plans to visit this weekend because we are supposed to have more bad weather. (Another point for you, Winter...but Playa Del Carmen is getting closer and closer!)
- Two of our friends received some bad news this week :(
- To top it all off, I have been unable to sleep all week for unknown reasons. I just lay there with my mind racing thinking about how tired I am going to be the next day. And everything just seems harder when you are tired. Even blogging.
As usual when I feel like complaining something comes along to put things in perspective. Something that reminds me to be grateful for the wonderful life that I lead. When I think about it, I actually have had a great week - I was just placing more emphasis on the bad instead of the good.
- Instead of focusing on the fact that Riley was sick, I should be grateful that she has fully recovered and is back to normal now.
- Maybe Rafa lost, but my beloved Tarheels finally got their act together and won a basketball game.
- Even though my family can't come this weekend, they have rescheduled for next weekend so I have that to look forward to all week!
- While our friends with bad news are in our thoughts, two of our other friends shared really good news this week :)
- And it is now the weekend where I can relax, take a nap and sleep in to make up for any lost sleep during the week.
And there is more:
- We went "hunting" last weekend and found two of these jewelry display counters. I have lots of ideas for these and I am still trying to decide exactly how I will use them but I have been trying out different finishes all week. They look a little "rickety" as Paul says, but I can fix them!
- I think I finalized the plans for our future renovations upstairs and I confirmed the start date in February with our contractors!
- I have a couple of new projects that I am dying to work on. I love it when I have inspiration for a new project. Hopefully I will have something to show y'all next week if I can find time to work on them this weekend.
And most importantly, I get to spend the whole weekend with two of the people I love most in this world! I can't complain about that! Have a great weekend!